Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well, after experiencing what was possibly her first sight of snow (in blizzard form!) last week, Lydia survived her first American Christmas.  She has been pretty cheerful through it all, although she did enjoy putting the green gift bag on her head more that she played with the toy inside!  She seemed to love the Christmas Eve service and only had a minor meltdown Christmas afternoon since she had no nap.  She has been moving around a little less, not walking and exploring the house quite as much as a week or so ago, but she has been reaching for me and calling me Mama so I have to admit that I have been picking her up and carrying her more, trying not to squeeze the stuffings out of that cute little body.  She surprised us when she easily learned to make the "mmm" sound to say "more" for food or milk, or when she wanted me to keep clapping when I had stopped.  Since she is saying many more sounds and babbles than we have ever heard before, I have great hopes for speech sometime in her future! 
May you all enjoy the Christmas season beyond today as we worship God and the indescribable gift we have in His son.  Blessings and love to all!


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, that must have been the best christmas present ever -- Lydia calling for Momma! I love the pics too. Bailey misses Hannah very much - maybe we can get those two together in the next few days....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete