Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 2

I'll write first an try to post a picture if I can after that - I only have 15 minutes (or it costs more money), and I don't know how long a picture might take - so if no picture - you know what happened!  Well, we have never been so popular in our lives!  Our nearly blond daughter was quite the attraction to Chinese and we could hardly walk without someone wanting to take her picture.  Hannah handled it pretty well, although today was not a great day for her.  She woke up WIDE awake at midnight our time here, stayed awake until morning, and did pretty well through the tours today (although they weren't kid-friendly, lots of walking and looking a buildings and listening to people talking).  She did eat more at lunch (eating the food here has been a problem).  Then she fell asleep on the way the to Great Wall, but then REALLY fell asleep on the way to dinner and therefore cried all through the meal.  Everyone seemed kind and understood the effect of jet lag on a toddler.  A little more touring tomorrow then we gt on the next plane tomorrow eveing to go to Lydia's province.  We will then meet her Monday morning!
 
Hope all is well with eveyone!


Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

8 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Hannah! It will all be worth it when you FINALLY get to meet your little sister. You will no doubt become the most important person in her life. You should be used to everyone wanting to take your picture-sounds just like home.
    Jane and Barrett, I can only imagine how you must be feeling as the time draws closer to meet Lydia. Hard to believe it's only a day or so away now! Love to all,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane, Russell and Hannah,
    I was so excited to hear about your new daughter and read the blog about your trip and will keep you in prayer. And I always love to hear your "God stories" and hear how God is blessing you and using you along the way. We can't wait to love and adopt her into our church family. What a blessing she will be to your family and our church.
    Love and blessings, Sue Muir

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished welcoming about 10 Families to the Spirit of Adoption seminar... That is where it all started for. Praying for the children that God will be placing in these families someday .
    Blessings,
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that Hannah gets on China time soon! I'm sure that is so difficult for a child. Lydia will be with you guys before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more and then your prayers will be answered.
    We look forward to welcoming Lydia into the family.
    Hannah will be looking forward to macaroni and
    cheese when she gets back.
    Love Lurania and Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barrett and Jane: Al and myself (Doug) prayed for you today at BAUMC. I was looking at the Upper Room devotional today and thought you might enjoy it (God’s timing is great).

    The Lord says, "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."
    -Psalm 32:8 (KJV)
    WITH my fair skin and blonde hair, I could not hide the fact that I was a foreigner in northern China. My fair-haired traveling companion stood out even more because she was also tall. We tried to fit in, learning some Mandarin phrases and observing local customs. Still, everything was unfamiliar; we were aware that we were not at home.
    One afternoon, we browsed in a crowded street market in Beijing. Suddenly, I felt panicky because I had lost sight of my friend. I was alone, thousands of miles from home. I stood on a corner slowly scanning the area, but I could not find her.
    Then a woman caught my attention and pointed to where my friend had crouched down to study something in the market. With relief and gratitude, I beamed at the stranger and nodded my thanks.
    Her kindness reminded me that God knows my every move as I travel in this foreign world, far from my eternal home. God knows what I need before I do. God knows the lay of the land and waits for me to look for direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous said...
    You've survived another day! Love the story about Hannah being so popular...and so sorry about her jet lag. It's so hard for them to cope with being tired. What's the food like?
    Best of luck with your next trip. Hope you're able to enjoy some of the history.

    Love,
    Deb, Randy & Amelia

    P.S. My mom is so excited! She talked to your mom and it was so cute how she quoted everything that your mom told her which came from the blog! I wish we would have had this when Amelia came home from Guatemala!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi you guys!
    I could hardly sleep last night--- up praying and thinking of you all night. I know your precious Lydia is with you now and we pray that all is well! Father God, give them your strength, your peace,your wisdom, and your joy!
    We love you!
    Kathy, Tony, Grace, and Amil

    ReplyDelete