Monday, October 19, 2009

Negative!

I was so hoping to be able to write that in today's title!  Lydia's TB test was negative!  Three of the five new children were negative from the skin results, two had to have chest x-rays and were cleared after that.  Praise God!  We finished our tourist shopping today after we visited the White Swan.  The picture of Hannah by the water fall is IN that hotel!  Those of you who have been there can re-live the beauty, others just wouldn't believe it until you see it.  We got to have Subways subs for lunch, so that was a taste of home; Barrett commented that the napkins didn't even have Chinese on them.  Not much else going on, the girls are sleeping very well, so we are rested, just wondering how long it will take us to re-adjust when we get home.  Hannah is having fun swimming while Lydia naps in the afternoon.  Not much else - hope all is well at home!  Love to all!

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

8 comments:

  1. Aw, love the pictures! Still can't believe you're there! :) Praising God for good TB test results for your group! Another step closer to home!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! So glad to hear about the negative TB results. Hannah, you get prettier every day and you take such a great picture. How is the swimming coming along? I wish I could be swimming but it is COLD here!
    Jane and Barrett, I'm so glad you are able to get rest and I promise to give you time to readjust before I invade your home to play with my nieces!
    Love to all,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Jane, you are a gifted writer! I enjoy reading your updates so much! The girls look wonderful (and your hair is fine!!) You and Barrett are such an inspiration and I know this journey you're on will encourage others to consider adoption. Can't wait to read more!

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane.

    I'm so glad to hear that the TB was negative and that you are all getting adequate rest. I'm sure that Hannah is learning so much during the trip and will have lots to share with her class in the weeks to come. You'll have to tell me more about the Swan when you get back.

    Take care.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, Hi!

    We missed you during our team meetings today! The negative results is great news!! We are all so happy for you, Barrett and the girls - cannot wait to hear everything when you come home.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!! I'm so glad Lydia's was negative & the other kids too! That kinda scares me for some reason. Sounds like you guys are having great bonding & an awesome time! The girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone,
    So thankful the tests were negative. It has turned cold here. In the 40's this a.m. Hannah hurry home!! I miss you and Lydia both.
    Won't be long now. I love all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are on your way HOME!!! She is absolutely beautiful! I love her thick hair and chubby cheeks! She has been well-fed for sure!!!

    Thank you for sharing your journey with us waiting!

    Leslie (AWAA SN group)

    ReplyDelete