Sorry no pictures today, but we were in the hotel most of the morning (I am really tired of hotel living!) and then went out to a rainy visit to a museum and the tea house. We were in the hotel this morning as our guides were presenting all of our information to the consulate and we had to stay by the phone in case there were any questions. No one received a call so they confirmed this afternoon that all went well! So we are one step closer to this all being finished and coming home! Tomorrow we go in the afternoon for the oath-taking ceremony at the consulate. Another momentous occasion occurred today as Lydia had her first non-enema precipitated bm! Yea! We were cheering! She did not eat as well today, but she fell asleep tonight without complaining so I figure she can't be too hungry. Speaking of - if anyone out there has a good congee recipe I will be most interested! That is about all I have gotten her to eat - and since she will eat ANY kind I give her (egg and fish, pork and vegetable - they put anything in it here) I figure she's getting some healthy stuff. As long as what is in it is small pieces and cooked to death, she will eat it - even canned stuff that's cold right out of the fridge! So we will need something as soon as we get home - I've never looked for it in cans at the store before, don't know if they have that back in the states, or if one of our wonderful friends who is providing us some meals could throw some mushed soupy veggies in with the food if congee is not readily available. That would be great! And both of my girls have loved the "steamed" eggs here - anyone know how to make those? That's about it for today - 4 more sleeps until we are home! Can you tell that I am SO ready? Love to all!
Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jane!
ReplyDeleteI found a crockpot recipe for congee and will bring some on Saturday (let me know if you want it on Friday instead). It's my first try at congee but it looks relatively simple!
Love you guys!
Kath
"Steamed" eggs--sounds different! I'm so glad she finally went to the bathroom. Yeah! That should help things. I can't wait til you are home. I know we don't live close to each other but still!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad things are progressing. I will check
ReplyDeletethe internet and also check at school.
Random question--
Have you logged your miles as frequent flyer
miles? You may not be thinking of flying any
time soon, but we think you have 5 years to use
them. Might be a nice trip to Florida?
Can't wait to see you all.
Love Lurania and Val
you wrote "both my girls". I had not seen that until this post.
ReplyDeleteYou have two daughters and are a four person family.
I love the pictures of Hannah being a big sister, too cute!
Enjoy the rest of your trip even though it is getting exhausting!
-Laura
Yeah! Home soon!! Can hardly wait to see all of you. Hang in there, it won't be much longer. Love, MomMom
ReplyDeleteIt was so awesome for you to say "my girls." We know you cannot wait to get home and sleep in your own bed! Almost there...with your new forever daughters!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon.
Love,
Deb, Randy & Amelia
I noticed the "both my girls" comment, too and it made me smile. Congrats!! Can't wait to hear that all is done and you are on your way home.
ReplyDelete--Tina Wachter
Hi Russell Family!
ReplyDeleteIt is great reading your blog and all about your newest girl! Hannah is going to be a great big sister. I love the picture of Lydia sleeping with her hand lightly on Hannah's back . . . she is obviously one content little girl to sense the love of her big sister so soon!
We're praying for you and safe travels home! We are all excited to see you!
God Bless,
Ron, Jen & Colin Evans
There are tons of congee recipes on the internet - I should know because my mom keeps emailing them to me. I'll look up a couple tomorrow and email them your way. Or, I'll post them on my blog - www.youbelong.net/sophierose.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Staci (waiting for the TA so we can go pick up our Guangxi baby girl)