Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ups and downs

Wednesday afternoon here - this morning we went to a big beautiful park and visited a porcelain store.  We are just astounded at the crazy traffic of weaving buses, cars, mopeds and bikes and no one gets hurt.  Lydia likes to go out, ride in the bus and walk around.  She is content most of the time.  Although her paperwork says she's a good eater, she's become a little more picky than she was the first day.  Also bathroom issues have become a challenge as we're not sure how she is used to going.  She has no problem peeing in her pull-up, but they have those squatty potties here you know, and the next thing I have to try is holding her in the squat position, over the potty or maybe in the tub.  She DOES NOT LIKE sitting on the potty, but she may never have seen one before!She just had some water and honey before her nap so we're hoping that will get things moving.  She has pretty much stopped eating since yesterday morning.  I know all these things are just the beginning of adjustment issues for her, but on the good side, she seems to like listening to us sing and hold her and rub cheeks.  We had a great Chinese dinner last night, and I think it's Pizza Hut tonight!  We're having a great time with the Lincolns, JoyMei is sweet and wonderful! Thank you again for your prayers and sweet comments!

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

8 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for the eating issues. Thanks for posting the awesome pictures! I can't wait to read your posts each day-- even more excited to see you guys! Miss you!
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! Hannah, you look like such a wonderful big sister. Does Lydia like it when you read to her? I bet she'll really love elephant and piggy, too. Jane, I am so glad you are able to keep in touch through this blog. I'd be going crazy otherwise! I miss you all so much.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the girls sleeping. So cute. OK--squatty potty in the hotel room! Are you serious? I thought we had normal pottys in the rooms. Something to think about! Lydia will eat when she gets hungry! Thinking about you guys all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are SO excited for all of you. Lydia is so lucky to have such a wonderful family to love and nurture her. The pictures are marvelous. I will continue to pray for you daily. God really does work miracles in our lives.

    We now understand that God intentionally delayed your trip so that you could be with the other family for your travels.

    Hannah seems to be doing a great job as a big sister. We can not wait to meet Lydia.

    Love,
    Shelly, Shawn, and Steven

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool website, great pictures, and very exciting news and updates.
    Enjoy,
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane.

    The girls are adorable. Thanks for taking time to post the pictures. Hannah looks like a born teacher!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family, I'm glad to see and hear everything is going well. It sounds like Lydia is adjusting well. When you get home, she will addapt to the changes in time (the potty) Lydia is such a blessed little girl to fall in the hands of your family, she fits in perfectly. I'm so happy for all of you!!! Hannah, you are doing a wonderful job being the BIG SISTER!!!! Love, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of Hannah and Lydia sleeping. Did you see Lydia's hand is just about touching Hannah's back. It's comfort for her. She is getting adjusted to her new family! It takes time, and you can tell she is up for it!

    Thank you for sharing these precious photos. Hannah, you are doing a great job!

    Love,
    Debbie, Randy and Amelia

    ReplyDelete