Greetings all! First of all, let me update you on Hannah's throat - Aroung 8:30 China time Thursday night, which was 8:30 Thursday morning your time - I just felt I needed to call Hannah's dr. and get the instructions on using the antibiotic I brought just in case it was needed. Hannah had fallen asleep and felt warm to me, so I called. Praise the Lord I was able to talk to her dr directly, thanks to our Panda phone, a cooperative receptionist and Dr. Hopkins who got on the phone right away. She directed me to give her the antibiotoc and adjusted the dosage from what I had been given had it been used for Lydia. She felt the strep had not been completely cured and I am SO thankful we had the medicine and were able to use it. SO - two more prayer requests - 1) that this 5-day antibiotic will be enough to take care of Hannah until we get home (we have 4-5 days left after it is finished) and 2) for God to keep Lydia helathy so we don't need anything for her.
SO - that brings us up to present - we had a great short flight here, Lydia did great flying. Hannah said she prayed that Lydia and I would not throw up on the plane. Lydia sat in her seat, and even reached for her musical toy that was on her tray table (she can see some things!) The girls started the day in their matching butterfly shirts (thank you Miss Gloria!) Then this morning was the medical examination - all was well until Lydia had to get 5 SHOTS in addition to the TB prick under the skin. She really didn't cry long after it was over, but if course she screamed while they were all going in! Poor little thing! Second picture-She looked so little on the bed when Barrett and Hannah were watching tv! Then while Hannah and I went swimming, Barrett walked her around the halls to get some exercise and she conked out on the bed. We're making some progress with eating. I think I discovered her temper fits at breakfast were because I was giving her the congee too hot. I thought they liked it HOT! The last three mornings she would start screaming after the 4th bite or so and have a fit for about 5 minutes. I tested it with my tongue and blew on it a little, but left it pretty hot) Then after a few minutes she would calm down and eat. The only thng I could figure was the temp, and this morning was smooth as could be (I cooled the congee down quite a bit!) Then we went to the market after the medical, and with the help of the guides I got some soft foods that I thught she could eat and we actually had a good lunch in the room for the first time. She doesn't really chew so all her foods have to be able to slide right down. She is now drinking milk and orange juice in addition to water. So if she could get back regular on BM's, all would be great! But all in all, it's pretty great right now! I love all of your comments, and thanks to ALL of you who are reading along and praying for us! Your prayers are being answered! One week from today and we'll be home!Love to all!
Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Russells!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful to see all your pictures and to to hear the flight went well. Also glad to hear that you were able to get Dr. Hopkins on the phone and get Hannah back on the antibiotic. Also relieved to hear that the eating/ drinking issue with Lydia is resolving. Praying for health for all of you!
We had home group last night and we all prayed for you! It was great to have the Hamill Family there for the first time. We missed you and can't wait to have all of you back at home!
Blessings to you!
Kathy
Thank goodness you guys had that medicine. Hope that Hannah feels better soon & Lydia continues to make progress. So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou hang in there Hannah and tell that old sore throat to go away. Seems like you have been gone forever and here's hoping this week goes fast. Praying that no one else gets sick. Jane, as for plane sickness, "don't think about it". Much love to all of you.
ReplyDeleteMomMom
Sorry we haven't posted in awhile.
ReplyDeleteWe have been praying for you all.
I agree it seems like you have been gone so long.
Take care and see you soon.
Lurania Val
Hi Jane, Barrett, Hannah, and Lydia,
ReplyDeleteJohn and I spent the night at the river last night, so I couldn't wait to get home to see if you had posted anything!! So glad you did!
I see in the pictures that you all are wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts. Well, back here in MD, we are COLD!! Hopefully, we'll have some nice fall weather when you return and this cold rain will go away. I love Mom's "don't think about it" comment. I'm sure that made Jane laugh. We miss you and love you and personally, I'm hoping this week goes by quickly. I can't wait to see you all.
Love,
Jackie
Praying for everyone to stay healthy!!! You certainly don't need this right now. Lord, please put your healing hands on Hannah, that she feels better quickly and also protect Lydia from getting any illness. They need your protection Lord. I ask this in Jesus name, Amen!
ReplyDeleteYou all take care and have fun shopping!!!
Dawn
From Nanchang group