Thursday, October 15, 2009

Last day in Nanchang

First of all - let me say that I fried my hair curler and haven't bothered to get a new one so please don't look at my hair!
Second of all to Jen - we do have normal potties in the hotels, and mostly everywhere we've been.  I meant that the natives are used to the squatties and that may be what Lydia is used to.  So don't worry!
The neatest thing about today was going by Lydia's orphange.  The guide took us to the area then gave us diections how to walk there because she said she couldn't be seen bringing us there.  So when we were approached by people I was a little nervous.  Come to find out - these woman wanted to see Lydia!  They must have seen us out the window because we weren't really that close to the front, we were just standing out at the gate taking pictures.  The women came up and started saying "Zimin, Zimin!"  They rubbed her face and said "Mama" indicating she was with her new mama.  They looked her over good, then smiled at me so I guess I passed.  Barrett was taking pictures so that was very special to capture that moment.
Lydia ate a little better today, and showed us that not only can she stand by herself, but she can walk by herself when she takes a mind to it!
We leave tomorrow afternoon for Guangzhou after we receive the passports for the girls.  Three hotels down and three to go! 
Another prayer request - Hannah's throat is sore again, although no fever.  She finished her antibiotoc 2 days ago, so I guess I'll wait and see how things go - I have the antibiotic from the dr. for an unexpected situation, but not sure I  should use it if she has no fever.  I can always call home to the pediatrician, so we shouldn't have to go to a dr. here, but please pray we get clear guidance about how to handle this! 
Thank you again for the comments! We may not post tomorrow since we'll be settling in at the new hotel.  Love to all!


Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

7 comments:

  1. Once again, Jane, great pictures! Are you using the camera that fell in the river?
    Hannah, I'm so sorry that your throat is sore again, but we'll be praying that you'll be all better soon. Sounds like Lydia is making progress each day and she sure looks happy in the picture her new mama. What a wonderful smile. I can't wait to hold her!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny and I are oooing and ahhhing over the pictures! So beautiful! And how awesome that you got to visit the orphanage. We are all enjoying your blog-- Ginny and I call each other as soon as we see a new posting each day. It's almost like being there with you! (Ginny's having trouble posting but she wanted me to tell you that she's praying for you and following along online).
    Love to you all,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been having trouble posting comments. You know me and computers!! Hannah, I miss you so much and just can't wait to see you and little Lydia. She looks so adorable. Hope Hannah's throat is better. I love all of you. MomMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! Looks like all is going well and yes Glory be to God!!!!!! Continue to lean on him and enjoy your time with your new daughter! We were just there in Jan. and it brings back a rush of memories!!! Recognize the nannies that is for sure! ;-)
    Blessings and prayers,
    Dawn
    From the Nanchang group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you were able to visit the orphanage. And the ladies--I love those pictures. Praying Hannah feels better soon!
    Thanks for clarifying the squatty potty situation! I was in a panic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the picture of you Jane and Lydia -- her expression is priceless - that smile says it all.

    I am praying for Hannah to feel better soon and wishing you all more blessings on the rest of your trip! Can't wait to read the next blog..... Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, Hi!!
    You all have been in my thoughts - Creating this site was a wonderful idea. I just love the picture of Hannah & Lydia sleeping together with Lydia's little hand touching her big sister. Can't wait to see you and the girls! Hope Hannah is feeling better.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete