Saturday, October 3, 2009

We're all packed!

I can hardly believe it (I know I keep saying that, but it's true!), as I've been stressing over this packing and working on it for months and it's finally finished and ready to go.  The exciting reality hit today when I look in the backseat of my car and saw TWO carseats!!!  I was so blessed yesterday when we had our travel meeting (conference call) and at the end the travel coordinator prayed for our trip, our family and our children.  I was crying and could hardly say good-bye!  We are traveling in a small group of 5 families, but one other family is going to the same province where Lydia is!  Out of that huge country, one other family is going to the same place with us so we won't be by ourselves.  God is so good!  And here's the best part, that family is bringing their daughter whom they adopted from China in 2006 and she will turn 5 in November!  So Hannah has a playmate for the whole trip!  They are also picking up their daughter in Nanchang, and she is 2 1/2, close to Lydia's age.  The four girls should have fun, and we are so blessed.  One more God thing (they just keep happening); I was called to pick Hannah up from school yesterday afternoon, and this morning she was diagnosed with strep throat.  SOOOO glad it was today and not Wednesday or Thursday!  She'll be full of antibiotic and ready to go!  We are so thankful to have you all joining in on our trip!  Please keep praying, especially for mine and Barrett's health, that we don't catch strep; I'm thinking of calling the dr. Monday and see if he'll give us something to take with us - just in case!!  Love to all!

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Jane. She is beautiful! You all will all be in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to reading all about your trip! And definitely call the doctor!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this blog!! I am praying already for everyone's health and travel, and for dear sweet Lydia! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    Your little Lydia is so beautiful!! We adopted our Lydia Hope in June and we are so in love!!! I look forward to following your trip to China... have a blessed time!

    Naomi (AWAA Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for safe travels and and awesome first week with Lydia!
    Wendy Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's finally here---you leave tomorrow!! Blessing and prayers go with you from the Pitrat Family! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barrett, Jane, and Hannah,

    We will be following your trip and praying for you every inch of the way (and that's a lot of inches!).

    Love to you all,
    Bob (MD 165 team) & Margie D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barrett and Family,

    Congratulations!!! Blessings to you.

    peace,

    Glenn (MD ST 165 team)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more blessing added for you and your family. Lydia will be fine. I believe children have a special gift from God that allows them to sense things. So with that gift she will feel the love from your family and be fine.......Love Linda White

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful blessing! You will be in my prayers for a safe and wonderful trip to pick up your daughter.

    Amber Burgoon (Linda's Daughter) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for you guys! You & your family are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whishing you and your family a safe adventure that will be full of excitement. I can't wait to hear the stories. We will book a meeting slot to hear all about it.
    Nicole Marszalek Riverside Family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aunt Jane & Family, Thank you so much for the blog. I am following along and it is so wonderful to be a part of this awesome journey to bring Lydia home. I am praying for a safe and healthy trip for you all. Love, Krista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane, Barrett and Hannah - It's exciting to read your blog and follow along on this wonderful journey. We're praying that all goes well in this plan God has for you. Pat and Jack Potter

    ReplyDelete